Business Value NL is an independent, professional firm practising exclusively in business valuation and expert advisory providing services to a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses across Newfoundland and Labrador, Nunavut, and Canada.
- Retail Business Products Dealer;
- Automotive Dealership;
- Transportation Business;
- Restaurant Franchisor;
- Hotel and Restaurant;
- Professional Services Firm;
- Entertainment Service provider;
- Manufacturing & Service Company;
- Recognized as an Expert in Accounting and Business Valuation by the Newfoundland Supreme Court;
- Local Service Station - damages;
- Local Retail Business - Land Expropriation;
- Construction Business - damages;
- Inter-Governmental Contract dispute.
Harold Boyd Chislett
Independent Business Valuator and Chartered Professional Accountant providing professional business valuation advice, independent reports for a variety of small and medium sized businesses around Newfoundland and Labrador; contract accounting advisory and business planning to select businesses; assurance services through a number of Chartered Accountant firms.
Education & Professional Designations
CANADIAN BUSINESS VALUATOR (CBV)
Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators – 2004
CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT (CPA)
Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants –1994
CHARTERED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (CPA)
American Institute of Certified Public Accoutants, Illinois – 2000
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (B.COMM.) FINANCE; BACHELOR OF ARTS (B.A.) FRENCH
Memorial University of Newfoundland – 1989
E&Y Corporate Finance Inc. (2000–2005) St. John’s, NL: Valuation services, business transaction services, and supporting insolvency and restructuring services; major roles in valuation reports covering various industries including technology, natural resources, and retail. Contributed to successful business divestitures through the entire sales cycle: analyzing value and expectations; researching potential purchasers; controlling presentation of data to these perspective purchasers. Participated in litigation support assignments and damages quantification, analyzing and reporting on business viability.
Mackay & Partners, Chartered Accountants (1991–1994) Yellowknife, NT: Public accounting and auditing in a wide range of manual and computerized accounting environments throughout northern Canada; several long term assignments providing accounting support in such capacities as Assistant Director of Finance with the Kitikmeot Regional Health Board and Interim Comptroller for the Fort Norman Community Development Corporation.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (1995–2000) Bermuda; South Africa; United Arab Emirates; Thailand: Progressively responsible experience in diverse cultural and professional environments; financial reporting and audit services concentrated in manufacturing and service industries. Additional responsibilities such as a key role in providing professional development for assurance staff in the Bangkok office and several special purpose investigative assignments such as accounting due diligence projects and reviews of internal management controls.
Settlement of Nahanni Butte (1990–1991) Nahanni Butte, NT: Responsible for the financial administration of all community operations including regular financial reporting based on budgets and actual costs for projects and programs; hiring and supervising up to 15 employees for work projects and for three regular community services employees.
Previous Memberships & Interests
- Treasurer, St. Michael & All Angels Parish;
- Newfoundland Institute of Chartered Accountants – Government Affairs Committee;
- Treasurer, Neighbourhood Dance Works;
- Treasurer, Tuckamore Festival;
- National EcoCare Coordinator, Ernst & Young Canada;
- Secretary, KwaZulu–Natal Institute of Chartered Accountants (South Africa);
- Treasurer, Newfoundland Institute of Chartered Accountants;
- Treasurer, Resource Centre for the Arts / LSPU Hall;
- Treasurer, St. Michael’s Cooperative Printshop;
- Volunteer Board Member, YM/YWCA Enterprise Centre;